Comfort, Healthy indoor environment, High Performance and meeting
the budget were the key issues we wanted to achieve when designing this home.
Modern Structure with a Traditional A-Frame shape
Spaces that are easily converted to accommodate different purpose and pools
of sunlight that reach the home throughout.
The design of this home has been in the development phase for few months.
We went through few different concepts and shapes to find the most cost effective
solution that would work with the site and would position the house in a way that allows
for the outdoor areas to be used in collaboration to the interiors.
Using ready cut SIP panels in a hybrid way we have managed to lower the cost of the
Build by approx. 10% which was a major benefit in this case.
Colorbond cladding that wraps over the first floor and covers the gutters and downpipes
was one of the details that we really favored and carefully planned.
Subtle details in the spatial distribution strike up a relationship between different zones
& how they connect with each other. Playfulness of textures and finishes,
Secret passage on the upper floor and central staircase with exposed OSB
acts as a major interior feature and are a great example of how functionality can be linked with
the visual perception of the space.
- GreenSmart Project Home of the year 2018 award winner
- Best New Residential Design up to $500k winner
- Best Residential Interior Design Commendation
- Finalist In James Hardie Award
- 4 Bedroom, 3 bathrooms,
activity, central kitchen - dining area, separate living on the GF, balcony
(house floor area 280m2)
- 2805m2 site with northern aspect
- Double carport
- Raked ceiling to upper floor with exposed SIP panels to half
- Central staircase with feature timber screen
- Thermal mass of slab used to regulate internal temperatures laid on Cupolex domes and thermal wrap
- Double glazed low- e windows with thermally broken frame
- Airtight SIP panel Construction with Energy Recovery Ventilation system for ventilation and healthy indoor environment
- Ceiling fans for cooling
- Stiebel Elthron Heat pump connected to 5kv PV panels